React Native has become one of the most popular frameworks for creating cross-platform apps in the technological world. It is also a cost-effective way to develop a mobile app quickly. For a long time now, React native stands as the first choice of many companies and startups. Are you wondering why? The reason is that it is user-friendly and affordable. Developers are being asked to create scalable, high-performance apps. It has prompted mobile app developers to consider the platform and technology stack when developing a React Native app.
As far as the databases are concerned, we should choose carefully because the React Native database (DB) is the application's backbone. However, selecting the correct database is one of the most challenging decisions to make while developing a React Native application. One must consider many factors while choosing a database that makes even the most seasoned developer dizzy, let alone newcomers. Since we've created a slew of successful mobile apps for various purposes here at OweBest, we'd like to share some of our knowledge with you. Let's jump in exploring the best react native database.
According to Statista, React Native is the most popular cross-platform mobile framework used by global developers, according to a 2020 developer survey. According to the survey, 42 percent of software developers used React Native. Roughly one-third of mobile developers use cross-platform technologies or frameworks; the rest of mobile developers use native tools.
What Is React Native App Development?
React Native is a well-known framework for creating actual native Android and iOS mobile apps. The demand for react Native has risen in recent years and is expected to continue to grow in the future. The best part about React Native is that it allows you to create Android, iOS, the web, and Windows. Even though React Native applications are available for Android and iOS platforms, you can develop apps for both operating systems with a single code base. In the last few years, the demand for React Native app development has skyrocketed.
4 Crucial Things To Keep In Mind While Choosing React Native Database
Security Is An Essential Factor
Should protect any data stored in a suitable database from leaks or hacks. There's nothing more to say — a database for your app must protect your users' data in any way possible.
Memory Management Is Critical
If the data is not handled correctly, the apps may crash. The local database you select for app development must accurately handle data and clear the cache at regular intervals. The database should also ensure that enough memory is available for the app to run smoothly.
Data Conflict Management
There are more chances of data conflicts as you add more features to the app. To effectively manage these conflicts, you should select the database and share the website's data conflict management rules. Examine the database's documents to see how they handle syncing and disputes, the trade-offs that result, and the impact on the app.
Easy To Use
It would be best if you always chose a database that is simple to use and that you can combine with minimal effort. The user-friendly database will aid in the improvement and simplification of the entire development process.
Top 5 React Native Databases That Are Sure To Ace Your Game In App Development
The technology revolution has changed the way mobile application industry. With dynamic updates and changes, the react-native framework has become the favourite of software developers. Let us find the best react native database that can help you ace your game in app development.
Now that you are well aware of React Native technology and its essential features in mobile app development, let's explore React native databases that you must try. We at OweBest have been a part of numerous app development missions, and thus the list below enlists the best databases one can use.
The SQLite database is an essential and valuable database for React Native apps, and it is used by many React Native developers worldwide. It was created to give React Native apps access to local storage. SQLite is a lightweight library that only requires a few steps to set up. SQLite can be easily integrated into mobile applications for direct database evaluation.
- With its direct data path, SQLite is as light as a feather. SQLite, like Firebase, receives requests and responses directly from apps. You can also speed up the database by changing the disc access rules.
- The SQLite database can be saved as a single application file format file. It makes it as simple as sending an email to share this file with other devices. This React Native DB also has cross-platform APIs that are user-friendly. They work on a variety of platforms, not just iOS and Android.
- SQLite is free because it is open source and public. However, if you want to secure your data with encryption, you'll have to pay $2000.
Firebase is a database created by Google that works with a real-time NoSQL database to create dependable React Native apps. Firebase is the best option if your app requires data synchronization and offline data changes. Because of its many features and performance tracking tools, this local database also aids in the discovery of bugs in the app.
- Firebase is a back end as a service that includes a server, cross-platform API, and datastore and a database. The APIs greatly simplify the database setup process, primarily when used with React Native apps.
- Due to its high offline persistence, developers can create apps that save data on the device without requiring an internet connection. As soon as the application re-establishes the connection, it will send all data to the server. When users disconnect from the app, Firebase saves their progress minute by minute.
- Firebase provides seamless scalability as a NoSQL database. This feature has a lot of extension potential.
The realm database is a ten-times-faster object-oriented open-source database than the rational database. For real-time offline apps, it also supports complicated data types. There are no key-value stores or object-related mapping in the Realm database. This database is helpful in the development of React Native apps for Android and iOS. This database is self-contained and does not use any key-value stores. Since this handles large amounts of data and aids in developing high-quality applications, the realm is one of the most widely used React Native local databases.
- The realm is the proper database to use for those looking to implement an offline-first structure for app development.
- Realm uses a variety of encryption standards depending on the mobile platform.
- Realm has a sync service that runs in the background and saves all user interactions and requests on the server.
Vasern is an open-source database for app development that is lightweight and fast. It is also one of the best and most widely used databases. Vasern API is used for both local and cloud storage and synchronization. Vasern's design and structure were inspired by several open-source databases.
- Vasern is an open-source database that is robust.
- It's a database that runs quickly.
- Provide a user-friendly end-to-end database synchronization solution.
Watermelon DB is an SQLite-based database with excellent performance. This database can handle a large number of records in a minute without slowing down. It's ideal for creating complex React Native apps that perform well in the real world. WatermelonDB is a database that manages data persistence on low-end devices. This database can also handle multithreaded, highly cached asynchronous functions.
- For syncing with your backend, it supports an offline first system.
- Easy data pluggings.
- Aid in the development of SQLite-based apps.
In the End
Now it's time to wrap the topic up. As you can see, there are many good react databases for native mobile apps out there. Others boast data synchronization, storage capacity, and security, while some are the fastest and easiest to deploy. In any case, the final decision is heavily influenced by the requirements of your application. One should hire react native app developers from a reputed software development company. The journey will be full of crucial decision-making. So, if you need any help, then; we at Owebest technologies are here to help you and make your app development process smooth and fulfilling. Feel free to reach out to us for any query or discussion. The react native world is evolving so, join the movement.