The transition from the old gas station to the new clean and sustainable energy charging station has taken place. Take the advantage of this new opportunity and develop and advance the EV charging station finder app with Owebest Technologies. Developing the app can help you boost your business by putting it on the map. Not just that, it also helps you increase sales and generate revenue streams. Save money and gain new data insight by developing an advanced EV charging station finder app.
Let's start learning about Electric Vehicle charging station finder app right from the basics:
Motto of Go-Green
Due to carbon emissions and damage to the environment, the motto of "Go Green" is consistent worldwide. One of the most critical steps to save the environment is the popularization of electric vehicles (EV). For various reasons, these vehicles have become more and more popular in recent years, such as emitting zero carbon and not polluting the environment. They save energy and fuel, are cost-effective, and so on.
Why is Electricity Required in Cars?
Electricity is the fuel for electric cars. Therefore, there are charging stations for electric vehicles to charge these vehicles, just as the cars we currently use have gasoline and diesel stations. Whenever an electric vehicle is discharged or is about to be released, the car owner must find the nearest charging station to refuel.
What is The Need For an EV Charging Station Finder App?
As the number of electric vehicle charging stations remains small and difficult to find, companies are investing in developing a search application for electric vehicle charging stations. By creating a mobile application to set electric cars, car owners can more easily find the closest charging station, pay directly through the app, and reserve charging locations in advance. These applications are among the fastest-growing trends in the applications market because the concepts are new, and people are looking for such solutions. Now that the basics are straightforward, it's time to dive deep into learning everything about EV charging station app development.
What Can be Done with an EV Charging App?
The electric vehicle charging station finder app will show the charging location between stations in your area. You will get various information about the application, such as the types of plugs compatible with the radio. These apps allow you to find ratings, real-time availability, photos, and descriptions of charging stations. Users can also add charging points for electric cars when they see them. Users can also turn on notifications, which will send an alert when there is a nearby charging station.
Working on an EV charging application:
- Users search for EV charging stations based on location, availability, keywords, accessibility, and power level.
- Users reserve the site in advance through the APP, considering factors such as the site's power outlet and the distance from the current location to the charging station. A notification will be sent after the reservation is confirmed.
- The application can monitor the charging session in real-time, and the user will be notified when the vehicle is fully charged. When the user scans the QR code or enters the charging station ID, the charging session begins.
- The application provides safe and reliable payments and the status of advance loading sessions. When the payment begins, the user will receive a notification.
Benefits of an EV Charging Station Finder Application:
- By reserving a spot ahead of time through the app, the user can save a lot of time by not standing in line and waiting for his turn. He can recharge as soon as he arrives at the EV charging station because he made a reservation in advance.
- No cash payment is required. You can start paying through the points you have obtained through PayPal, debit card, or credit card, or pay for other online payment gateways.
- The user may have essential information about the charging station, such as the number of types and points of power ahead of reaching the station.
Features to Include in your EV Charging Station Finder App:
- User Registration: After downloading and installing the app, the user must create an account by entering his phone number, email address, and password. Allow them to register using their Google Account or other social media handles to make the process go more smoothly.
- Slot Reservation: After confirming the charging station through the app, users can schedule a time slot to charge their car in advance. This is a valuable feature that allows the user to save a lot of time, especially when the stations are crowded. They won't have to wait in long lines because they booked ahead of time through the app.
- Geolocation: The app requires access to the user's smartphone's location to display nearby charging stations. Furthermore, if a user wants to search for available chargers in a specific area manually, he should enter the desired location and see the appropriate options.
- Profile Creation: With excellent UI/UX design, users can edit and change their profiles. The user can include their name, vehicle model and number, profile photo, and other information.
- Billing History: Car owners must understand how much energy they use and how much it costs daily, weekly, and monthly. The app should include a feature that allows users to track their bookings, including the amount of power used and the amount paid.
Let's look at the step-by-step process of developing an EV charging station finder app
1. Market Research is Crucial
It would be best if you started by researching the market to understand available opportunities, target audience expectations, existing competitors, etc. Before development, you should know how many electric vehicle charging points there are in the area, the number of electric vehicles, the future autonomy, etc.
2. Choose What Features to Include
The second step of the process is to choose features that should be included in the application. Some advanced and unique features of your application will help you stay competitive and attract new users.
3. Decide the Platform- Android or IOS or Both
Based on your market research, you will know if most of your target audience uses Android or iOS. You can get apps developed for both operating systems, and they are available from the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
4. Hire Experienced App Developers
Work, performance, user experience, user interface, etc., play an essential role in the success of any mobile application. To ensure that your applications are robust and work well, you should look for a reliable application development company with experience in creating such applications. Also, look for a company that can handle UI / UX design and application testing as well. This will save you time because you can get a comprehensive solution to put your business ideas into practice. We at 3DC innovations have helped tonnes of companies to get their designs and platform decisions sorted.
5. Testing Before Launching
This is the final stage before the application is deployed and ready to go. A group of testers will use their methods and tools to find and fix bugs in the application that still exist during the development process.
6. Feedback Collection
The recipe for making a successful application consists of always making notes of user's feedback and suggestions. Continuous bug fixes and improvements will make your application popular amongst users.
EV Charging Station App Development Cost
The estimate of the cost of developing the EV Station Finder app depends on many factors. You first need to look at your requirements for features and functions. On the other hand, the total cost of developing such applications is determined by several important factors. The region where you choose your app development company, the features you want to integrate, the type of app development you choose (Android app development, iOS app development, or both), and the complexity of the app all play a role.
Regardless of the factors, the average cost of developing an electric vehicle charging point application will be between US $ 9500 and the US $ 40,500. If you hire a company, the average cost per hour is $35 - $80 based on experience. The developers here are very efficient, and the rates are very reasonable.
With the increasing popularity of electric vehicles, apps and other tools are everywhere. The phenomenon of saving our environment is growing on people and is very important to sustain our planet. App development in this arena is a splendid opportunity. If you are thinking about the same, then you have arrived at the right destination. Owebest Technologies is one of the best mobile application development companies, specializing in developing mobile applications for Android and iOS from scratch. Reach out to us for any help in this sector anytime, any day!
Our team of experts can help suggest the best as per your business qequirnment. For more information you can visit our website and connect with us our team for free consultation.